Thursday, August 25, 2011

Some thoughts.

I decided to make this blog due to circumstance:  I had to take a year off from graduate school and, for the time being, I'm working as a freelance journalist.

I've wanted to write for some time, and I figured it would make sense to give myself a year to write. I want this to be a serious goal:  I think it would be great if I could publish my novel, or at least find some success come next fall.

So, we'll see. I'm continually questing for my purpose. I need to know what I'm meant to do. I'm positive writing is a part of it, but I think there's something else there. 

I've wanted to be a teacher, an actor, a college administrator, a professor. But it's not possible, though, to do all of those things. 

I just want to figure it all out.

And I hope I do.

In the meantime, I'm going to put the pen to the page and see what comes of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment